Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Political Cartoon 5


  •          This specific political cartoon is untitled.  If I were to give it a title though it would be “I’m a Little Tea Party.” I would title this cartoon that because this cartoon is mimicking the song “I’m a Little Teapot.”
  •         Orrin Hatch is portrayed in this cartoon.  I think the artist has Hatch singing the “I’m a Little Teapot” because he is an outspoken Tea Partier.    
  •         Orrin Hatch is singing a modified version of the “I’m a Little Teapot” song. 
  •         According to this cartoon Hatch is very against Obama’s health care plan. I think the ideology of this cartoon is liberal because Hatch is clearly being made fun of in this cartoon by singing a song that is for little kids.
  •         This cartoon resembles an ongoing debate between the Tea Partiers and Obama.  The Tea Party holds different views then Obama and often disagreed with his methods. 
  •         The satire of this cartoon is that it is making an outspoken Tea Party member sing the “I’m a Little Teapot” song.
  •         I found this cartoon on Daryl Cagle Political Cartoon Index, and it was posted March 29, 2011.  http://www.cagle.com/politicalcartoons/

1 comment: